Nothing I can say, Total Eclipse of the Heaaaaaaart….
Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.
As many of you know, tonight we will see (or some of us will see) a partial lunar eclipse. It’s actually not going to be visible from the US, so we ethereal goddesses and moon lovers on this side of the globe will have to use our imagination when it comes to wishes and such. I’m very imaginative, so this will be no problemo. In fact, I have a small list of things I’ll be doing tonight during the min-e-clipse. (See what I did there?)
- I will be Grounding (or Earthing) – in fact, my shoes are already off.
- Cleaning my home and clothing Read about this here.
- Preparing my gems and coins that I keep in a homemade gris-gris bag (this contains a couple of gem stones, some coins, and some names on paper collected during my visit to the ever-enchanting New Orleans, Louisiana. You can add herbs, oils, whatever speaks to you or your purpose.)
- Watering my plants – This is just something I do for my succulents on eclipse days. As living things, I believe that they are affected by certain phenomena as well.
- Clean out my money bowl – I have a blue and white ceramic bowl in my kitchen. It keeps our spare change and the occasional lottery ticket. During eclipse time I clean it, fill it with water, and ceremoniously drop silver coins into it under the moonlight to attract “coin” to my purse and to illustrate gratitude for the money I already have.
- Speak to the moon. – I do this before and after the “coin” bowl. In general, I don’t speak about myself, but for others.
Feel free to get creative! If your heart or spirit says to do something or not do something, go with that. Your intuition should be your guide.
This partial eclipse is just a precursor to the solar eclipse set to take place on August 21st. Eclipses always come in pairs, so this isn’t a unique occurrence, but this smaller eclipse is a great time to practice for the larger one, by cleaning out junk (literally land metaphorically) that no longer serves us in our current lives, getting real about what we want to happen going forward, and really allowing our dreams to take flight.
Check out this handy info page on the Solar Eclipse to see the eclipse path and best times for viewing.